Chronic's '13 Build

looking good bro.. and that port work looks good.. also why and for what your going to use that hour meter, im asuming its to keep track of the engine and maintenance, i migth be interested if i get the one that its tach also..

and 57-58 are high number without going big bore.... hope you can make it... !!

keep up the good work and keep us posted.

not a big bore but it's stroked ;) and thanks Mami!

Hour meter is for maintenance schedules! I've always gu-estimated so we'll see how she goes

Finallt got an intake.. picked up an 06+ airbox, air boot, box lid and two Uni filters for $60 from ethanshafer (great guy to deal with) on the org. This is probably going to be an 06+FCI setup eventually.

Also just realized I've hit everything on my list that I wanted to do this build :)

proofs in from Spastic..

trx450rsouthsideblackye-1.jpg

Still haven't got my crank and piston back from Crank Works.. so I won't be ready for June 1st unless I button it back up as a SS/SB for a while.
I can do that or race the 426ex with the 450r's rear LT setup. I added a 450r carb to it last night too so it will be quick enough I just know I won't finish as strong as I usually do though.
Maybe I'll try and find a chicken suit or something for this race ;)

Still haven't got my crank and piston back from Crank Works.. so I won't be ready for June 1st unless I button it back up as a SS/SB for a while.
I can do that or race the 426ex with the 450r's rear LT setup. I added a 450r carb to it last night too so it will be quick enough I just know I won't finish as strong as I usually do though.
Maybe I'll try and find a chicken suit or something for this race ;)

That kinda stinks man! I wanna see this thing done!

I'm really liking them graphics. That's gonna look sick man!

Im hoping they really pop, pretty excited to get it back again.. Kinda pissed at crankworks, I called them early last week and told them the situation and they said they'd try and have it ready to be shipped out on monday (I was going to next day it to get it here) and maybe have my entire engine back together in time. But they haven't contacted me so I'm assuming it's still just sitting there. 1 month turn around (+transit) seems a little exessive but I don't know how busy they are either..
Looks like I'll be going out to goon on a 400ex lol :gr_driving3:

Ah miss my 400ex, really liked how it turned out after all the work. Course the 450 is just that much better.

Sucks crankworks is yanking your chain man. 1 month turnaround time is crappy. betcha its just sitting there doing nothing.

Im hoping they really pop, pretty excited to get it back again.. Kinda pissed at crankworks, I called them early last week and told them the situation and they said they'd try and have it ready to be shipped out on monday (I was going to next day it to get it here) and maybe have my entire engine back together in time. But they haven't contacted me so I'm assuming it's still just sitting there. 1 month turn around (+transit) seems a little exessive but I don't know how busy they are either..
Looks like I'll be going out to goon on a 400ex lol :gr_driving3:

One month turn around is not acceptable no matter how busy you are.

When called them on the 13th, they went and found the order told me it hasn't been touched. I told the guy I had the first race of the season on June 1st and he said they'd try and have it done by the end of the week or Monday latest. I've accepted the fact that it won't be ready and that I won't be a return customer.

Seems a lot of guys recommended them, I don't know if that's always their turn around time or if they are just slower than usual right now.. It seems everything for this build is being held up ****, still haven't heard from my PC guy and it's been 2 weeks. Last year he had my parts done in less than 2 hours

You're a sad individual. This is the 4th time you've made an attempt to post in my thread. What do you not understand?! Cat **** holds more value than your opinion, now please delete your own comment before a mod has to do it for the 4th time in an hour. Get a life or at least stop crushing on me.. jeeze

Hey now, there is no need to rag on cat ****.

Hey now, there is no need to rag on cat ****.
lol I deleted my comment to keep the drama down - but reposting after his comment got deleted 4 times in less than an hour seems a little pathetic to me, talk about trying too hard lol

AND this is the guy that preaches "ignore me" on the org and puts up a big front but then tries to relentlessly participate in my own thread and try and be friends.. how does that make sense? the more we ignore him the more he goes out of his way to stir the pot.
Long lonely nights with a swank magazine and ky jelly have this guy feeling desperate, and probably chaffed

^ yep.

Sucks crankworks is holding you up and your PC guy hasnt called you back yet. This build just dont wanna get finished for some reason.

^ yep.

Sucks crankworks is holding you up and your PC guy hasnt called you back yet. This build just dont wanna get finished for some reason.

Factor in that time I spent trying to get money back on a frame and the time I spent waiting for it too and it seems everything is going wrong.:nono:

Haha yah and then it's back to chasing my buddy on a YFZ that runs alcohol :gr_burnout:
I just want to ride a properly suspended quad again lol, I'm still beat up after putting about 4 hours of track time on the EX last weekend :bored:
@ CJM: btw I got those wheel inserts, thanks again! I haven't gone accross to ship the bumper yet but I definitely will next week. I've got at least $1000 worth ov merch to import lol, it's been stacking up at my mailing adresses :D

Your build sounds exactly like how my build went.

By the time I was done I really just wanted to get rid of it. Went and hit a race and that put some motivation back in me.

Hopefully this thing gets done for you. Looking forward to it!

Back