Hey, that song reminds me of.... A.K.A. The Off Topic Forum history of Rock & Roll

phreakwars

ABBA - I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
Muriel's Wedding, the scene at the chapel....I still laugh

Nine Inch Nails - Closer
My ex girlfriend Carrie.:D

JULIAN LENNON - TOO LATE FOR GOODBYE'S
REMINDS ME OF HIS FATHER, VERY EERIE !!

Nickelback - Never Again
Reminds me of when music sounded good. Nickelback ****ing rocks !!

Afro Man - Because I Got High
I forgot what this song reminds me of.:confused:

The Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get Retarded
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Reminds me of all the gay ass kids who dressed like him in school, I still laugh at them, and they thought they were so cool, also reminds me that crotch grabbing was a fad for a while.

Johnny Rivers - Memphis
How can you not like this song ?? If you think about it, he kinda sounds like a PEDO in the song "Marie is only 6 years old ??"". Other then that, I love it, a true classic.

Backstreet Boys - Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely
Makes me wish I would have joined a boy band and sung ***** songs to get *****.

Prince - Raspberry Beret
Reminds me of that stupid dance fad he unsuccessfully tried to get started in the video.

INXS - Suicide Blonde
****ING COOLEST SONG EVER !!
I can't tell you how much I admired Michael Hutchence as an artist.
I was actually pretty damn saddened to hear of his death, I actually like ALL INXS' tunes and I wish the group luck with the new vocalist, even though Michael's essense can never be replaced, INXS did have some of the most kick ass riffs EVER !! This song for instance. I suggest listening to on a high quality stereo or PC system and in it's purest highest bitrate. The bass track itself is ****ing addicting.

Well I've ranted enough for now, and I have thousands more to go...

Next...

Edit: I forgot an important one !!

Vengaboys - We Like To Party
If you don't know by now what this reminds me of, then CLICK HERE !!

I always loved INXS and their music...until I read about how the lead singer (can't remember his name) 'accidently' hung himself in a hotel. For some reason this has put a damper on things for me. I still listen but I try to disassociate the songs from the band.

Uhm... OK.. well anyways, here are a few more...

T-Rex - Get it on (bang a gong)
That stupid macaroni and cheese commercial.

Power Station - Get it on (bang a gong)
Karaoke night about 12 years ago, lot's of alcohol, and Phreak on the stage getting the whole crowd groovin on the dance floor.

Steppenwolf - Born to be wild
Karaoke night at another bar, and even more alcohol, Phreak wins first place.

Wierd Al Yankovic - Eat It
Yet another drunken night, Phreak wins 3rd place all around, but 1st place for stage performance.

Prince - 1999
Y2K and how disappointed I was the world didn't shut down for a few hours.

Pantera - Cemetery gates
Reminds me of my daughter

Eagles - Witchy Woman
The very first media I ever received was an 8-track of the eagles greatest hits from my uncle and a portable 50lb 8-track player. I still love the eagles, but don't miss the 8-track at all.

Scatman John - Scatman
Baseketball

Hanson - MMM Bop
Reminds me of why I liked the 80's

Derek & the Dominoes - Layla
Goodfellas, the scene towards the end when the guys involved in the heist start getting bumped off.

Ugly Kid Joe- Everything about you
Hanging out with my friends Carrie and Brandi and getting stoned till the sun came up.

Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella
The very first track I converted to mp3 myself.

Joe Walsh - Life's been good
Hanging out with my uncle Al when I was real young... ****in hippy.

Dobie Gray - Drift away
Being in jail bored off my ass and calling the radio station in Omaha requesting they play it for us, and they did.

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Reminds me of that movie with Val Kilmer, "REAL GENIUS"

Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
Space Jam !!

Ozzy Osbourne - Shot in the dark
Reminds me of the OZ MAN playing this live in concert back in 92', ****ing Ozzy was awesome live. Best concert ever

Huey Lewis & News - Heart Of Rock n' Roll
Reminds me of when I was like 13 and jacked some cassettes from some cars in Schuyler, one of them was the "SPORTS" album that this song is on.

Powerman 5000 - Drop The Bombshell
The DUDLEYS !!

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
Reminds me of my stupid brother and his transition to country music....fag.

Eric Clapton - I've Got A Rock N Roll Heart
Reminds me of the first time I ever visited Mexico back in the late 70's, we drove down there in my Mom and Dad's car and I remember hearing the song on the radio quite a few times.

Luniz - I Got 5 On It
Reminds me of a huge ****ing blunt party I went to once with some of my "ghetto" friends from Compton... oh my what a night.

Marylin Manson - Dope Show
Reminds me of my friend Greg, our nickname for him was crackhead.

Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Reminds me of spending time at my uncles house when I was younger, he was a big Rod Stewart fan.

Slade - Run Run Away
Very first party I ever went to.

Donna Fargo - Johnny B. Good
Remember it well from my mom's 8-track collection

Charlie Pride - Just Between You And Me
Another classic in mom's collection

Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
Grandma's music collection

Daft Punk - Around The World
Reminds me of Shannon, the bitch owes me $360

Duran Duran - Sunrise
Reminds me of my ringtone

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
Reminds me of my daze of being confused.:D

Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
Reminds me of hanging out at the stinkiest bar in the world (RILEY'S in Schuyler )with my dad when I was a kid.

Weezer - Buddy Holly
Reminds me of the old Windows 95 CD that came bundled with the video for this song.

New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing
Reminds me of the old Coke commercial

Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
Reminds me of High School

John Cougar Mellencamp - Cherry Bomb
Reminds me of my hometown.

Eric Clapton - Lay Down Sally
Another one that reminds me of my first visit to Mexico.

Gerardo - Rico Suave
Reminds me of my brother back in the early 90's, ****ing spittin image... LOL

Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
Reminds me of my EX Christine and her transition from metal to rap, I still wanna smack her for that.

Barbara Fairchild - Teddy Bear Song
Song I used to sing to my daughter

John Travolta & Olivia Newton John - You're The One That I Want
Ahh my very first drive in movie.

The only fight i was in while in high school had Paul Simons Graceland blasting in the backround for some reason. It was probably one of the funniest contratsts i've experienced. :p

And the Phreak's list goes on...

Harry Belafonte - Banana Boat Song
Beetlejuice

Ashford & Simpson - Solid
I remember this song came out when I was sent away for 30 days for throwing a kids bike on the railroad tracks and letting a train smoosh it.

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
The wedding singer

Weird Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise
Reminds me of my trip to Wisconsin

Cameo - Word Up
Reminds me of the small ass little house we lived in when the song came out. I had put together my very own radio out of spare parts.

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
Don't know whether to dance or get a woody. The video makes me feel like a pervert, she is so tiny, but damn is she hot.

J Frank Wilson - Last Kiss
Reminds me of my mom, she used to sing this when I was a kid.

Tom Petty - Refugee
Reminds me of Alvin and the chipmunks and their version of this song.

Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
Reminds me of the club I work at, I ****ing swear it gets played at almost every wedding reception.

Vixen - Edge Of A Broken Heart
The girls in the band remind me of my EX in her trashy but cute days.

Leann Rimes - Can't Fight The Moonlight
Coyote Ugly... damn she looked fat in the end when she did the cameo. Give me Piper Parebo any time.

Motley Crue - Smokin' In The Boys Room
Reminds me of this kid named Todd I used to goto school with in the 8th grade, he'd get high in the bathroom regularly.

Styx - Show Me The Way
Operation Desert storm

Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
Revenge of the nerds

Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
That commercial for the paper towels... was it bounty ??

Abba - SOS
Reminds me of being at the babysitters house, she was into ABBA

Milli Vanilli - Blame It On The Rain
Reminds me of uncle Carlos, he was such a huge fan.

Boys From The Bottom - Boom I Got Your Girlfriend
Reminds me of cruising around with my Firebird Formula with the T-tops and the bumpin Rockford Fosgate system.

Michael Jackson - Rock With You
Reminds me of this AWSOME taco house up in Jackson Minnesota my dad took us to, damn good tacos.

Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body
Reminds me of MJ's "ROCK WITH YOU"

Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
First time I ever operated a record player. This was the song I wanted to play

Engelbert Humperdink - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
10 things I hate about you.

Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
Hanging out with my cousin in Okoboji, he had this on lp album with a bunch of other silly type songs... I think it was a K-TEL album.

Joe Walsh - Space Age Whiz Kids
Reminds me of hanging out at the W.C. Franks franchise/arcade and playing video games all day, break for a hot dog or pizza, then play for hours more.

Prince - Purple Rain
Reminds me of Mr. Martin, my 7th grade art teacher, he'd let us play music in class, but would get pissed if we played Prince.

Pink - Family Portrait
Reminds me of my friend Amber

Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
My very first school dance... oh god I hate this song.

Tanya Tucker - Delta Dawn
Hanging out with my favorite aunt Peggy before she died. Her and my uncle were having an arguement in the car, they were both drunk, she jumped out, factured her skull, they found her body almost a week later, a young girl on a horse had discovered it while riding.

Red Sovine - Teddy Bear
Reminds me of my uncle Mark during the time my mom was in the hospital having a hysterectomy, he babysat us during her stay, listened to Red Sovine alot.

Bananarama - Venus
Reminds me of my gay ass brother John singing it at Karaoke when he was like 14, I still laugh about that.

Zombies - Time Of The Season
One of the earliest recollections of my youth would be this song. And, not to mention another one in the arsenal of Phreak's greatest karaoke hits.

I'm going to order mine a little differently.

Songs that remind me of my older sister (back when we were kids):

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Morning Train - Sheena Easton
Shiny Shiny - Hayzee Fantayzee (spell?)

Songs that make my twin sister and I cry:

Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler (my song for her)
Africa - Toto (her song for me)

The only song that makes me sentimental about my evil little brother:

He Aint Heavy - Blood Sweat & Tears

My Boyfriend:

Love Machine - the Miracles (his song for me)
Whatta Man - Salt N Pepa (my song for him)

My Mum:

Anything by Aretha Franklin

My Dad:

We Like to Party - Venga Boys (whenever we went and watched the soccer, this song would come blasting into the stadium whenever someone scored a goal, and the crowd would all get up and do the Mexican Wave. My dad would usually be the one to start the waving. I LOVE this song, and this memory)

My ex-boyfriend:

Santeria - Sublime (he called himself Sancho)
Anything Emo, especially Weezer

My Best Friend:

I'm Horny - Mouse T (this song was huge back when we first started dancing together. It's still our favourite song)
Anything By Mace
Return of the Mac - Mark Morrison

This thread has made me all sappy now.

Damn you, Phreak.

p.s. The Scatman (I can't believe you mentioned that song!) reminds me of an old friend from school, who used to walk around singing that scooby doo wabba wabba wap ope ope bit.

I guess I'll join in on the sappiness.

ZZ Top
My (step) Dad. When I was younger, since there was six of us total, when we went on vacation, we drove. I was the only one who would stay up all night with my Dad to help him stay awake. We'd put on ZZ Top and drive reeeeally fast and sing loud and abnoxious and get all giggly from lack of sleep. Some of my favorite memories of my childhood.

He Didn't Have to Be-Brad Paisley -My stepdad again
(self explanitory for anyone who knows the song)

Sublime-Sublime
The summer after my junior year of high school this was the ONLY album my friends and I listened to as we drove around getting high, tresspassing, and doing stupid teenage ****. Good times.

Prodigy-Smack my Bitch Up
My friend Jay-died my sophomore year of high school. We all listened to this song over and over and cried. Every time I hear it makes me stop in my tracks

Poison-Every Rose Has Its Thorn
My friend Agatha. We had countless nights of drinking whiskey and singing karaoke to Poison, Flock of Seagulls, and anything else 80s

Dropkick Murphys-Do or Die
Getting my very first concussion the first time I saw the DKM. Agatha and Sherry got thrown out of the bar for going onstage, around the 'fence' that seperated them and me (I was still underage) and handing me a Guinness.

Anything Fiona Apple
My friend Amanda. We would sit up all night depressing ourselves with Fiona Apple and bitching about all the evils of teenage angst.

Maybe eventually one of you will catch on to the idea of this thread assignment/mind exercise:confused: ......Moving right along...

John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy
Reminds me of a little corner cafe in Schuyler NE that used to be there in the late 70's . TOP NOTCH I believe was the name of it.

Olivia Newton John - Let Me Be There
Reminds me of grandmas house before it burnt down back in 79'

Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson & Clover
My first time drunk, I was like 6, my dad give me a whole can to drink.

Rod Stewart - I Was Only Joking
Story of my life, expecially the last verse of the song

Murmaids - Popsicles Icicles
Borrowing an LP of songs from the 50's and 60's from the library for my mom when I was 10, I ended up liking alot of the songs myself.

J. Geils Band - Centerfold
Reminds me of a bitch I know... nuff said.

Great White - Once Bitten Twice Shy
Ohh... I see dead people... in Rhode Island

Rick Astley - Together Forever
Reminds me of my days working in a nursing home as an orderly.

Loretta Lynn - Coal Miners Daughter
Reminds me of the scene in the movie where they sing amazing grace... man did they suck or what ??

Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grape Vine
Most people would associate this song with the raisin guys, I associate it with Marvin singing it on TV with more heart and soul then anybody on earth. I love this song !!

Pure Prarie League - Amy
Reminds me of my fat nasty aunt

Dolly Parton - Jolene
Uhm, I replace Jolene with Codine

Cleftones - Heart And Soul
Reminds me of a cheesy movie from the 80's, the older chick from "night of the comet" played in it..uhm..."Mischief" was the name...yeah, that's it.

Kim Carnes - Betty Davis Eyes
Solid Gold and those stupid dancers.

En Vogue - Free Your Mind
Woody Harrelson in "THE COWBOY WAY"

Spinners - Working My Way Back To You
Reminds me of a house we lived in that had a small electrical fire behind the stove.

Buckner & Garcia - Pacman Fever
Reminds me of my 6 year old hyperlexic son... damn he's relentless at that game. He flipped over my arcade machine last week, 999,990 and back to zero. My best score 560,000... oh well, he's yet to kick my ass on Super Pac-Man:eek: .

Kinks - Come Dancing
Reminds me of my sister

Creed - With Arms Wide Open
Reminds me of my EX Chrissy, she just had a baby.

Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
Reminds me of Zoolander when the male models all got torched at the gas pump.Hilarious !!!

Aaliyah - Are You That Somebody
Reminds me that one fine ass black chick died, and damn what a voice !!

Ciara - One Two Step
Reminds me of Aaliyah

If there's one song that will always stick in my head:
Vitamin C-- Graduation:
My first best friend was a boy. Needless to say, childhood sweetheart. We used to sit on this hill at school, and sing that song all the time.

Una Noche-- Backstreet Boys??
I always hated pop songs, so I always heard of them from someone else. (Applies to learning the first song, too). This song sticks in my head because my past boy friend sung that when we were trying to ignore that something was terribly wrong. Yeah...

The Rose-- Bette Midler
A song my music teacher asked me to solo on for a concert. At the concert when he introduced me, he gave this... preface where he addressed the audience and told them I was the best soloist he had ever worked with, and that I had was the sum of all of the women in my famliy (they all had worked with him), etc. I was so embarassed and pleased.

The Blood of Cu Chulainn- Boondock Saints
Instrumental song that I got from my sister's ex-boyfriend. It was my favorite when I was a kid, and I still love it. It pretty much was the soundtrack for a lot of what I wrote in my book, at that age. I will always remember that "era" in my life by that song. Bagpipes, violins...

I don't have half as many memories as you guys do, but there's a small addition to the pile.