Plan B: The morning after pill

Gray~Gal said:
Yeah i agree that if you arent ready then your arent ready but the morning after pill should ONLY be used in case of emergencies....my opinion.
I mean i have 4 kids...all "SURPRISES" well except the last and i would NEVER take them back cause i knew the RISK of having sex

You have to say that now. It's not like you could get on here and be like "yeah, well, little Joey was an accident I really wish i could make go away."

DizzyME said:
You're a moron if you really think that people who have sex, even with protection, should have to live with the accident that may occur. I don't want kids for several years. I am married. I have sex. I use protection. Just because I want to have sex does NOT mean that I want to be stuck with a kid just because there was some screw up with the birth CONTROL.

Surely you've heard, "don't have sex if you don't want the possible consequences."

I can't believe you don't understand that! God forbid that you had learned the concept of action leads to outcome.

Honestly, if you want to toy with the chances (ie. birth control), you should be ready to handle what can be thrown at you. If not, why're you being so stupid? I'm not saying I don't take sympathy on people who have "accidents" - but if you honestly CAN'T/WON'T handle the consequences, maybe you just shouldn't do it. Sex isn't just about the ****.

Sorry I gotta go with Tizz on this one. If offered over the counter, it could pose health risks to women who dont even realize it. It is so important to get it from your OBGYN because they know your medical history. some women are more subject to ectopic pregnancies, cysts, and infertility. Sure, many women would read the fine print, but they may not even be aware that they are more at risk than someone else.

TheJenn88 said:
Surely you've heard, "don't have sex if you don't want the possible consequences."

I can't believe you don't understand that! God forbid that you had learned the concept of action leads to outcome.

Honestly, if you want to toy with the chances (ie. birth control), you should be ready to handle what can be thrown at you. If not, why're you being so stupid? I'm not saying I don't take sympathy on people who have "accidents" - but if you honestly CAN'T/WON'T handle the consequences, maybe you just shouldn't do it. Sex isn't just about the ****.

It is just about "the ****" for those of us who don't want kids for a while. Are you really so dumb as to think that people who don't want kids shouldn't have sex? Sex is not all about procreation these days.

chartreusechick said:
Sorry I gotta go with Tizz on this one. If offered over the counter, it could pose health risks to women who dont even realize it. It is so important to get it from your OBGYN because they know your medical history. some women are more subject to ectopic pregnancies, cysts, and infertility. Sure, many women would read the fine print, but they may not even be aware that they are more at risk than someone else.

I totally agree.

DizzyME said:
It is just about "the ****" for those of us who don't want kids for a while. Are you really so dumb as to think that people who don't want kids shouldn't have sex? Sex is not all about procreation these days.

Oh, so now my opinion makes me dumb because I think people should be responsible for themselves?
My most sincere apologies. Oh how could I ever be so dumb :rolleyes:

And READ god damnit, I never said sex is about procreation. Hell, I don't give a **** if it's about the ****, or something more. I'm just saying if you don't want the consequences of any sort, don't be stupid if you can't handle them. Have sex for the **** if you want it, just don't bitch and take the consequences out on some to-be child because you were so damn selfish.

I mean, do what you want, I really don't care, your life, whatever, but for the sake of being responsible, dont' just think about what you want.

TheJenn88 said:
Oh, so now my opinion makes me dumb because I think people should be responsible for themselves?
My most sincere apologies. Oh how could I ever be so dumb :rolleyes:

And READ god damnit, I never said sex is about procreation. Hell, I don't give a **** if it's about the ****, or something more. I'm just saying if you don't want the consequences of any sort, don't be stupid if you can't handle them. Have sex for the **** if you want it, just don't bitch and take the consequences out on some to-be child because you were so damn selfish.

I mean, do what you want, I really don't care, your life, whatever, but for the sake of being responsible, dont' just think about what you want.

Lots of people are being responsible-- they are TRYING to stop pregnancy by using BIRTH CONTROL and sometimes it FAILS. Why should they suffer, and why should a kid be born to a family that doesn't want it, just because the condom broke? And as for the morning after pill, they are thinking about a child. Better not to have one, then to have one and abuse it because you hate it.

DizzyME said:
Lots of people are being responsible-- they are TRYING to stop pregnancy by using BIRTH CONTROL and sometimes it FAILS. Why should they suffer, and why should a kid be born to a family that doesn't want it, just because the condom broke? And as for the morning after pill, they are thinking about a child. Better not to have one, then to have one and abuse it because you hate it.

To me responsibility isn't trying to prevent something, and then tossing it out the window just because you didn't want it, but you got it anyways.

But at any rate, you know my opinion, take it or leave it, I could care less for yours.

TheJenn88 said:
To me responsibility isn't trying to prevent something, and then tossing it out the window just because you didn't want it, but you got it anyways.

But at any rate, you know my opinion, take it or leave it, I could care less for yours.

You have a ****ed up view of responsibilty.

by the way,

The saying is "I COULDN'T care less." Makes a little more sense that way.

Back