Read any good books lately?

Over the course of eleven weeks, I have re-read The Watchmen by Alan Moore. I find it hard to concentrate on a book that I've read before, unless I'm on the crapper. Still it is one of the best comic books ever written.

I am reading Extended Massive Orgasm by Dr Steve and Vera Bodansky.

VERY interesting.

Lots of interesting details as to the neurological process of it all.
I have read alot of books on the subject of sex but this one has alot more to offer.

I was looking on Amazon and they have one with pictures...now that might be very interesting indeed.

You really need to get laid, Lethal.

Just finished a book by Colleen McCullough, entitled "A Creed for the New Millenium". Some very interesting concepts re American Culture.

builder said:
You really need to get laid, Lethal.

Just finished a book by Colleen McCullough, entitled "A Creed for the New Millenium". Some very interesting concepts re American Culture.

lol, I'm getting laid for Christmas...probably before, after and during...

Recent train reads......

The Egg and I (5th time through)

New York Changing - Excellent photo book, photos of NY in the '30's, and same pics taken recently. Love B&W photography, and love old pics.

Sisterhood of Travelling pants - all three. Cute girl teen type books.

A Lotus grows in the Mud - Goldie Hawn's autobi .. not bad, a bit air headed tree hugging

The Guardian - Nicholas Sparks - a guilty pleasure. Kinda like a really long telephone commercial (those touchy feely ones)

Mid-way through DeFoe's Moll Flanders. First time through.

Happy reading!

skategreen said:
Recent train reads......

The Egg and I (5th time through)

New York Changing - Excellent photo book, photos of NY in the '30's, and same pics taken recently. Love B&W photography, and love old pics.

Sisterhood of Travelling pants - all three. Cute girl teen type books.

A Lotus grows in the Mud - Goldie Hawn's autobi .. not bad, a bit air headed tree hugging

The Guardian - Nicholas Sparks - a guilty pleasure. Kinda like a really long telephone commercial (those touchy feely ones)

Mid-way through DeFoe's Moll Flanders. First time through.

Happy reading!

Moll Flanders is a fabulous book, I studied it when I was at University the first time for my Historical Law class or one of my English history classes. There is a movie of it, it was aired on PBS, it follows the book really well. Its not the one with Morgan Freeman, that one is so far off the story you can't believe it. This one has the actress who played the English Doctor in ER, can't remember her name, she had the very curly hair. She of course plays Moll. Very racey it was for PBS.

Mainly into non-fiction. Just finished "The Secret Six" concerning the men who financed John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry.

Hey silver

Have you read the fables of Aesop ? Try it. Then when you are ready, find this guy. Theodore Powys and his book simply entitled "Fables"

Aesops fables are fairly easy to understand. But Powy's is more complicated and of course, the moral which usually follows each fable is missing. Still some are not difficult, others well. se for yourself.

I'm about to read one called "Reversing Diabetes". I have an uncle who is type 2 diabetes and my Mothers doctor thinks she might have the early symptoms. I have a few other people in my life with this problem as well. I have been wanting to find a healthier way to live as far as eating goes. I can't crash diet because I can't stick to it but I thought it would be a good idea to get used to a diet that is good for people with diabetes since I might be headed that way.

The book tells how through diet and exercise you can reduce your need for insulin or posibly control it through diet only.
I also bought an extra copy for a friend who has type 2 diabetes and has NO clue how to take care of himself. Now all I have to do is get him to read it...

I just finished "Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland" by Browning. Horrific reading but very educational.

WHATEVER said:
Yeah......"The Davinci Code"..& .."Tell No One" - That is the best book EVER!!
My library is holding a seminar on the history of the Da Vinci code in a few weeks. It's going to be Mommy's night out.
I picked up "Myth and Sexuality" today by Jamake Highwater. Just started it, but so far, so good. Never heard of the author, but he was a disciple of Joseph Campbell, which makes him good in my book.

Mid-Way through, "Salt, A World History", by Mark Kurlansky.

Who'da thunk that Salt could be so facinating????? :)

I just read the novel "Deliverance" by James Hickey.

You might remember the movie with John Voight and Burt Reynolds starring.

I'll read it again, just because I think it's worth it.

I just finished the fundamentals of Business in North America and Japan... :D. Great book...

Now I am reading NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR By George Orwell...

Hamza123 said:
I just finished the fundamentals of Business in North America and Japan... :D. Great book...

Now I am reading NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR By George Orwell...

1984 is a fabulous read...I remember when 1984 rolled around, Johnny Carson (before Leno for you young people) had an eye hanging on the set and he told the audience it was Big Brother...
When you finish that you might find Animal Farm interesting, also by Orwell. I found the movie of 1984 interesting, very dark of course but interesting.

Back