So Minutes To Midnight finally leaked..

The leak makes me want the album even more...because the quality of the songs just sucks on the leaked version

I think they sound pretty good lol :)

Well...if you listen to the songs and then listen to a regular CD that you have bought...then there's a big difference...

A better quality rip or a regular CD just has a more atmospheric sound...and this leak is kinda flat

Well...if you listen to the songs and then listen to a regular CD that you have bought...then there's a big difference...

A better quality rip or a regular CD just has a more atmospheric sound...and this leak is kinda flat
Yeah I understand, well If I like the leak now then just wait til it gets release I will like it more :p :p

There's a group rip floating around now...

it just misses the little intro after Leave Out All The Rest

What's a group rip?

It's the best quality available....actually a rip straight from a CD...

In Variable bitrate (VBR)...

Actually I don't think that the version is a rip straight from a CD...

we probably have to wait till the album comes out to hear it in full quality

i never understood these group things or how things get leaked.

could someone tell me how this works?

Normally it's someone from the label...the artist or someone from a radio station or someone who get's a CD to review it and they put it online

or there are sites streaming the album already and someone rips it from there(web-rip)

and it's clear that you get better quality if you take it from the actual CD...

Often people intercept albums, this usualy happens when magazines and journalists request advance copies in order to do a review in time of release. Others do it to promote albums by sending them to mags and hoping that they big up the album, other times it's simply stolen from luggage, cars, etc. Sometimes they hack into a computer where the files are stored and copy them over..... or sometime stupilous journalists leak it out of boredem.... the are a variety of ways

Back