GREAT recipes

Lethalfind said:
OH MY GOD, a man who knows what a ramekin is, I think my nipples are hard !!!
With a name like smutt butt ,I bet he can locate your spleen through your vagina!

I have no name for this but w/e. It's just something I threw together one day

5lb of ground beef
1 can of pork and beans
Sweet & Sour maranating sauce. add as desired
Tabasco sauce. add as desired
1 diced Green pepper
pepper. add as desired

Cook ground beef in a saucepan until brown. add the other ingredients and stir together for approximately 10 minutes. Serves two

Here is something simple but really good.

finely chop up some onion, and add it raw to your lumpy mashed potatoes. I love it..

Here is a breakfast/snack dish recommended by the Arthritis sufferer's network.

It's ****ing tasty even if you don't have arthritis.

Grate one Granny Smith apple, skin on.

Add one tablespoon of wheat bran flakes

Add one tablespoon of lecethin granules

Add one tablespoon of red or black currents, finely chopped

Add milk or fruit juice to the mixture and stir well.

Leave sit for five minutes, and eat it.

I have not found a single person who didn't say that it was good.

Komrade Vostok Hazard said:
I have no name for this but w/e. It's just something I threw together one day

5lb of ground beef

5 pounds of beef would feed twenty-five hungry cattlemen, komrade.

I would be adding twenty cans of pork and beans, and forty sliced green peppers to that amount of beef.

slip_knot said:
Here is something simple but really good.

finely chop up some onion, and add it raw to your lumpy mashed potatoes. I love it..

When I was in England I had some cheese and onion sandwiches, they were YUMMY!! I think we got them at Boots.

Lethalfind said:
OH MY GOD, a man who knows what a ramekin is, I think my nipples are hard !!!

LOL!! I delivered to restaurants for 13 years. I payed attention and asked questions because i love to cook. My favorite are my homemade chicken enchiladas. They just take several hours to make. Followed by some creme brulee'.

smutt butt said:
LOL!! I delivered to restaurants for 13 years. I payed attention and asked questions because i love to cook. My favorite are my homemade chicken enchiladas. They just take several hours to make. Followed by some creme brulee'.

I make FABULOUS chicken enchiladas...the secret is using a little cream cheese in the white sauce.

Sweet and Spicey Crockpot Pulled Pork

4 lb. Pork Picnic Shoulder
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Med. Onions, Chopped
6 Cloves Crushed Garlic
1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
1.5 Tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
14 oz. Can Diced Tomato (If you like it spicey, use a can of tomatoes with chilis in it)
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Worchestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. Liquid Smoke
2 Tb. Soy Sauce
1 Tsp. Thyme
1 C. Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Southern Comfort (100 Proof)
1 Tb. Fresh Maple Syrup
(all of these meaurements are guesstimates. I generally don't measure while I'm cooking, so you may want to adjust seasonings to taste.)
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sautee onions 2-3 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT vinegar. Boil 2-3 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
While sauce is cooking, slit the roast several times. Braise the meat in olive oil.
When sauce is cooled, put roast, sauce, and vinegar into the crock pot (or a large bowl) and put in refrigerator for 10-12 hours.
Cook in crock pot set at low for approximately 7 hours. When meat is tender, shred with a fork, and let cook 1-2 more hours. Serve on toasted rolls. (It's better to toast them since the sauce is thin, keeps them from getting soggy)

omega road lunch.

Boil 1 cup water(or if your a fancy **** you can use chicken broth)
open package of Ramen noodles(two if your really hungry)
be sure to remove metallic flavor packets, very important
place noodles and 1 can green beans 1 scoop peanutbutter and whatever else you have available into whatever water proof container is available
add water let sit untill noodles are "noodley" stir it up, crack a brew and shut the **** up.

angie said:
Sweet and Spicey Crockpot Pulled Pork

4 lb. Pork Picnic Shoulder
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Med. Onions, Chopped
6 Cloves Crushed Garlic
1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
1.5 Tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
14 oz. Can Diced Tomato (If you like it spicey, use a can of tomatoes with chilis in it)
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Worchestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. Liquid Smoke
2 Tb. Soy Sauce
1 Tsp. Thyme
1 C. Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Southern Comfort (100 Proof)
1 Tb. Fresh Maple Syrup
(all of these meaurements are guesstimates. I generally don't measure while I'm cooking, so you may want to adjust seasonings to taste.)
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sautee onions 2-3 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT vinegar. Boil 2-3 minutes, remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
While sauce is cooking, slit the roast several times. Braise the meat in olive oil.
When sauce is cooled, put roast, sauce, and vinegar into the crock pot (or a large bowl) and put in refrigerator for 10-12 hours.
Cook in crock pot set at low for approximately 7 hours. When meat is tender, shred with a fork, and let cook 1-2 more hours. Serve on toasted rolls. (It's better to toast them since the sauce is thin, keeps them from getting soggy)

OH MY GOD that sounds like a bit of heaven...A girlfriend of mine made something like that once when she was having a party...

Lethalfind said:
OH MY GOD that sounds like a bit of heaven...A girlfriend of mine made something like that once when she was having a party...
It really was delicious. It was my first try at pulled pork, and I ended up changing 2/3 of the recipe because it just wasn't suited to my tastes(what I posted was my version). I really do recommed trying it if you're a fan of pulled pork.

Lethalfind said:
When I was in England I had some cheese and onion sandwiches, they were YUMMY!! I think we got them at Boots.

If you like cheese and onion you will just love a "ploughmans lunch". Not sure if its something you will find in the US, but its easy enough to build yourself.

typically this is a big plate with all the salad stuff on it- lettuce , raddish,grated carrots , perhaps potato salad and of course spring onions. You might also get some sliced meat-chicken, beef or ham. And of course a big wedge of usually chedder cheese, with of course some onion rings.

Its simple to make, and does not involve cooking, and hey- even a man can do it....

Hamza123 said:
Few recipes from my Lebanese culture (my dad is lebanese):

Lebanese Tabbouleh

Ingredients

1/2 c Fine grain cracked wheat
- (bulgur)
1/2 c Finely chopped onion
1/2 ts Allspice
1/2 ts Pepper
1 ts Salt; or to taste
3 c Finely chopped parsley
1/2 c Finely chopped scallions
2 c Finely chopped ripe tomatoes
- (if not ripe, omit)
1 1/2 c Fresh spearmint leaves
- (finely chopped)
-(if necessary, substitute
- another mint)
1/2 c Fresh lemon juice
3/4 c Olive oil

1. RINSE THE CRACKED WHEAT several times then cover with water by 1/2-inch and let soak for 20 minutes, then drain well, squeezing out excess water. Combine minced onion with the allspice, pepper and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, scallions, tomatoes and mint. Gently fold in the drained wheat and refrigerate until an hour before serving. Just before serving, stir in the seasoned onion and dress with lemon juice and oil to taste.

--------------------
Shawarma - (Chicken)

1/2 cup malt vinegar
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs

1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste

4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sliced onion
4 cups shredded lettuce
8 pita bread rounds

In a glass baking dish, mix together the malt vinegar, 1/4 cup yogurt, vegetable oil, mixed spice, cardamom, salt and pepper. Place the chicken thighs into the mixture and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, mix together the tahini, 1/4 cup yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, taste, and adjust flavors if desired. Cover and refrigerate.
Cover the chicken and bake in the marinade for 30 minutes, turning once. Uncover, and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Remove from the dish, and cut into slices.
Place sliced chicken, tomato, onion, and lettuce onto pita breads. Roll up, and top with the tahini sauce.

-------------------------------
Lebanese Baklava

Ingredients:
1 lb. raw chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 box Phyllo Dough
1 1/2 cup clarified unsalted butter

Filling:
In a food processor, chop walnuts until fine but not a paste. Remove and mix in sugar and cinnamon. Put in tightly covered container and keep in fridge.

Clarifying butter:
Melt 3.5 cups butter (about 7 sticks) and let cool off until it's warm. As the butter melts, it will separate into 3 layers. The top layer is a thin layer of foam, the middle layer contains the bulk of the liquid. Skim off the top layer of white foam and discard.

Instructions:
Brush butter onto a baking tray until it is completely covered. Remove phyllo from box and spread onto clean surface. Put less than half of th layers in the pan and cover the rest with plastic wrap or a towel. Evenly spread the Walnut filling on the phyllo sheets. Then take the rest of the phyllo and cover the Walnut layer. Cut into squares and cut a diagnol slit in each square. Pour the remaining butter over the Phyllo dough evenly, making sure all the crevices are filled. Bake at 350 degrees about 35 minutes or until it turns a golden blond color. Cool and drizzle generously with syrup. Garnish with chopped pistachio and serve.

Lebanese Baklava Syrup:
(may be prepared the day before)
Ingredients:
2 cups water
3 cups sugar
2 tbs. lemon juice
2 tbs. orange blossom water

Instructions:
Stir sugar into the water over med-high heat until completely dissolved. Add lemon juice and stir it into the mix. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until syrup thickens. Remove from heat and cool. When it is at room temperature, stir in orange blossom water. Put in clean jar, cover tightly and keep in fridge.

------------------
Baba Ganoush

2 small eggplants
1 clover garlic, crushed
4 tbsps tahini
1/4 cup ground almonds
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
salt & freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tbsps olive oil

Place eggplants under hot broiler, turning frequently, until black and blistered. Remove the skins, chop the flesh roughly and leave to drain in a colander for 10 minutes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and place the flesh in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and process to a smooth paste. Press into a loaf pan and refrigerate until slightly firm.

----------------------

I usually have these at my dad's restaurant when I am around. I highly recommend the Tabbouleh and the Shawarma.

There is a Lebanesse restaurant in my town. Its dark in there with glimering candles. It looks really intimate. Strangely I have never been in there. But after reading Hamza's post, I think i'm going to have to. It just reads too good....

skategreen said:
To start the sharing, here is my recipe for Chili. It's very detailed due to the fact that I typed it out for my sister. ... yeah, the one who was so surprised and couldn't understand how our husbands, hers on the West Coast and mine on the East coast, were watching the same baseball game at the same time.

Skate's Great 2 Day Chili

1/2 bag of dried kidney beans
1/2 bag of dried pinto beans

wash beans and check for bad beans or dirt chunks. Place in large bowl, fill with water so that water is a couple inches above bean level. Soak the beans from morning until night. Discard bean juice, place beans in crock pot, and add water to two inches or so above the beans. Supposedly, soaking the beans helps to cut the gas factor. Also, throwing out the first water supposed to be vital to cutting the gas factor.

Slow cook the beans all night WITH THE LID ON.

In the morning (this IS a day off, right?)

Take out most of the bean water. Set it aside, to add later if you need it.

Cook up 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef, add to beans.

Add:
1/2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 orange bell pepper
A large onion or a couple medium ones
2-6 garlic cloves.
1 Large can of tomatoes - drain the juice into the beans, then chop the tomatoes and add to beans
1 small (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
one or two fresh tomatoes, chopped

Chicken breast: I buy them individually frozen in large bags from Costco. They come split, so I guess each breast is actually one breast, as opposed to how they come 2 stuck together. I thaw 3, 4 if I'm in the mood. Chop the breast up and then do a quick fry in a little olive oil. Add to beans.

optional: chopped celery, 1/3 bag of frozen corn

Spices:
salt & fresh ground pepper
add a few shakes of onion powder (not onion salt) - or add a bit more than that
add a couple shakes of garlic powder
a shake or two of cumin (go easy to start) .. then maybe a bit more

optional:
shake or two of parsley, dried cilantro

Hot spice to taste:
at LEAST 3-6 tablespoons of chili powder. I just keep dumping it in to taste.
a shake of cayannne pepper (VERY hot)
a shake or two of tabasco (HOT!)
maybe a shake of those little red pepper flakes
I also add a special chili powder I can only get in LA- Pasilla Chili Powder.

Now slow cook this all day. You can turn it on high to get it going, but don't forget to turn it down. I cook it for part of the time with the lid on, then for several hours with the lid off. The peppers have a lot of water content, the chili gets too thin for a while once these cook up. Then if you keep cooking with the lid off, it dries up a bit and becomes perfect chili.

If you taste it and it's bland, add more spice - more of any or all of the above.

Oh..and just today I added 1/2 of a yellow squash and a 1/2 a small zucchini. I'll let you know how that goes. The chili disguises just about anything. You might get away with throwing in an old tire.

If it doesn't fit in the crock pot (mine never did until I bought a 4 QT. pot) ... get it all mixed up and crock half of it today and then at night, switch it out and just cook the other half on low that night.

Best served rolled up in dry-fried flour tortillas with cheese, sour cream, green onions, tomatoes, lettuce, and Guacamole - (if ya got good Avacados.)

Skate isn't kidding when she writes: Slow cook the beans all night.

raw kidney beans are poisonous unless they are thoroughly cooked - just in case you didn't know. At a minimum the beans need fierce boiling for an hour perhaps

slip_knot said:
If you like cheese and onion you will just love a "ploughmans lunch". Not sure if its something you will find in the US, but its easy enough to build yourself.

typically this is a big plate with all the salad stuff on it- lettuce , raddish,grated carrots , perhaps potato salad and of course spring onions. You might also get some sliced meat-chicken, beef or ham. And of course a big wedge of usually chedder cheese, with of course some onion rings.

Its simple to make, and does not involve cooking, and hey- even a man can do it....

I loved a nice meal at the local pub, very filling and basic stuff, meat and potato with some mashed swead (not sure how you spell that).

builder said:
5 pounds of beef would feed twenty-five hungry cattlemen, komrade.

I would be adding twenty cans of pork and beans, and forty sliced green peppers to that amount of beef.

Sorry. Must have had the damn numbers off

Chai Latte

1 tablespoon fennel seed
6 green cardamom pods
12 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 (1/4-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
6 black peppercorns
7 cups water
2 tablespoons Darjeeling tea
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk

In a medium saucepan, combine fennel seed, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger root, peppercorns and water. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and steep for 10 minutes. Add the tea, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Strain mixture, discard spices and return the tea to the saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar and milk. Serve immediately.

I drink this all day. Soooooo good.