12 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 (1/4-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
6 black peppercorns
7 cups water
2 tablespoons Darjeeling tea
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk

In a medium saucepan, combine fennel seed, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger root, peppercorns and water. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and steep for 10 minutes. Add the tea, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Strain mixture, discard spices and return the tea to the saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar and milk. Serve immediately.

I drink this all day. Soooooo good.

I was already glad I started this thread...Now

I'm more Glad.

Thanks for this. It's a Bravo. I finally tried Chai to find out what the fuss was about. I've now tried out about 15 kinds. I made my own from a couple recipes.

Can't wait to try this one!

skategreen said:
I was already glad I started this thread...Now

I'm more Glad.

Thanks for this. It's a Bravo. I finally tried Chai to find out what the fuss was about. I've now tried out about 15 kinds. I made my own from a couple recipes.

Can't wait to try this one!

I love chai. The Chai Lattes at Starbucks are awesome as well. I finally succumbed to being a Starbucks whore.:)

My favorite sandwhich of all time which can be made into a salad, equally as yummy:

1/2 sliced avacado
1/4 lb. shredded turkey
2 slices of provolone cheese
4 slices of peppercorn bacon
apricot chutney
2 slices of Sourdough bread, grilled

mmmmm, so good.

Here's one of my favorite artery hardening recipes. TO DIE FOR. Best served with rice pilaf (it fits perfectly with the sauce.)

CHAMPAGNE CHICKEN BREASTS

4 whole chicken breasts, halved
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
5 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 c. cognac
3 tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp. dried tarragon
3 1/2 c. non vintage champagne
1/2 c. heavy or whipping cream

Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a medium sized Dutch oven over medium high heat. Brown the chicken breasts, a few at a time, on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.

Pour cognac into the pan, warm it and flame with a match. When the flames subside, stir in the flour and tarragon. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in 3 cups of champagne. Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the chicken to a warmed serving platter. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of champagne and the cream. Cook the sauce over high heat until reduced and slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately. Serves 6.

These are a great appetizer. I used the Jimmy Dean Bold Sausage, and it was fantastic.
I found this @ www.recipezaar.com-they have great recipes

Ground Beef and Ham Stuffed Mushrooms

These can be completely prepared and stored in the refrigerator until ready to broil, just bring down to room temperature for about 45 minutes before broiling. Make certain to cook the mushrooms caps first to release their moisture. These are also good made with Italian sausages (casings removed) in place of the ground beef or use a combo of both!
20 large whole fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional or to tate)
1/2 lb lean ground beef
4 slices ham, coarsley chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup dry sherry
1/3 cup fine breadcrumbs
seasoning salt or white salt
black pepper, to tase (use cayenne in place of black pepper if you prefer spicy)
mozzarella cheese, shredded (or use Parmesan cheese if desired)

1. Prepare a large baking sheet.
2. Carefully remove the stems off of the mushroom caps and finely chop; set aside.
3. Place the mushroom caps stem side down on a baking sheet and place in a 375 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes to release their moisture; set aside until cool enough to handle.
4. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot and cook the ground beef with onion and garlic until the beef is browned (about 8 minutes) stirring occasionally.
5. Add in the chopped mushroom stems, chopped ham, Parmesan cheese and sherry; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper if using); mix to combine.
7. Divide and stuff the ground beef mixture into each mushroom cap pushing down into the cap using you fingers or the back of a spoon.
8. Sprinkle with grated mozzeralla cheese or Parmesan cheese.
9. Set oven to broil heat and broil the caps about 3-inches from heat for about 2-5 minutes.
10. Serve hot.

manicmonday said:
My favorite sandwhich of all time which can be made into a salad, equally as yummy:

1/2 sliced avacado
1/4 lb. shredded turkey
2 slices of provolone cheese
4 slices of peppercorn bacon
apricot chutney
2 slices of Sourdough bread, grilled

mmmmm, so good.
This I will definitely try. I LOOOOVE anything with avocado in it. Although I may try a turkey bacon instead.

slip_knot said:
There is a Lebanesse restaurant in my town. Its dark in there with glimering candles. It looks really intimate. Strangely I have never been in there. But after reading Hamza's post, I think i'm going to have to. It just reads too good....

Hey try it out man! Lebanese food is great... Ask CES!!

angie said:
Here's one of my favorite artery hardening recipes. TO DIE FOR. Best served with rice pilaf (it fits perfectly with the sauce.)

CHAMPAGNE CHICKEN BREASTS

4 whole chicken breasts, halved
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
5 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 c. cognac
3 tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp. dried tarragon
3 1/2 c. non vintage champagne
1/2 c. heavy or whipping cream

Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a medium sized Dutch oven over medium high heat. Brown the chicken breasts, a few at a time, on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.

Pour cognac into the pan, warm it and flame with a match. When the flames subside, stir in the flour and tarragon. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in 3 cups of champagne. Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the chicken to a warmed serving platter. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of champagne and the cream. Cook the sauce over high heat until reduced and slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately. Serves 6.

I tryed this and it was excellent. Thanks.

Scalloped potatoes and ham... feeds an army:

• [ ]4 cups of chunked picnic ham (sorry Hamza :D )
    [ ]10 lbs of peeled and sliced potatoes
    [ ]2.5 lbs of Guv'ment cheese... shredded
    [ ]3 cans Campbells™ Cream of Mushroom soup
    [ ]1 can Campbells™ Cheddar Cheese soup
    [ ]1/2 gallon of whole milk
    [ ]salt and pepper
Alrighty then... lets build this baby !!!

Your gonna need one hell of a roaster pan for this, alternately, you can do some ****ing math and reduce the amounts needed to suit your needs. My last family reunion, I brought 2 huge pans of this and every damn bit of it got eaten up and people were begging for more !!

I didn't have Guv'ment cheese to use, so I substituted it with a couple of packages of Kraft™ Deli Deluxe American cheese slices.. It is VERY important to use the EXACT brand ingredients when it comes to the Cheese and the cheese soup. I have not found another brand that will compare in taste and color to the Campbells cheddar cheese soup. The REAL flavor however is in the AMERICAN cheese. If you are fortunate enough to get American cheese from Wisconsin this will ALSO about equal the taste of Guv'ment cheese. Believe it or not, Guv'ment cheese is VERY high quality cheese !!! And I still get some occasionally by buying it for $10 a lb from commodities recipients.:D

Well anyways... back to the recipe...

Open the 3 cans of mushroom soup and can of cheddar cheese soup and put them in a bowl, add to it 4 cans of milk and wisk this till it is smooth and creamy..

Place your sliced potatoes and ham chunks and cheese by layers into your roasting pan, after each layer, place a layer of the soup cream and some salt and pepper on top... you can go a little ape **** on the salt and pepper since its a shitload of potatoes, use your best judgement... here's a hint... pepper is where the flavor is !!!

After you have all this **** layered...STIR IT ALL UP !!!

Yup... mix it up more !! You don't HAVE to layer it, but when your mixing it makes the blend go faster.

Next place the roasting pan (covered ) in a 350 oven for about 1 1/2 hours... I have gotten faster times from a convection oven, but basically, you want to cook it in the oven till the potatoes are soft... how ****ing hard is that ?? As long as it's covered the **** won't burn, but I like to uncover it and stir it the first and last 1/2 hour of baking and leave it uncovered so it gets that nice browning from the cheese, if it is looking a bit dry, pour in more milk and mix some more shredded cheese into it.

It should become VERY saucy towards the end of cooking, and DAMN is it good !!

I made this lasagna for dinner tonight. Oh dear God. Absolutely sinful.

Scallop and Shrimp Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 cup grated Romano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 pound sea scallops, cut in half or quartered if very large
3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 10-inch aluminum foil pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the lasagna noodles until they are just done, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.

Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet and cook the onion over low heat until very soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute more. Over medium-low heat, stir in the flour with a whisk, then gradually add the half-and-half, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly before adding more. When the sauce has thickened to about the consistency of whipping cream, add the cheese and stir well. Add the salt and pepper and stir again. Add the scallops and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or just until the shrimp turn pink. Turn off the heat.

Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the sauce from the skillet into the prepared pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with 4 noodles, placing them side by side. Spoon 1/3 of the sauce over the noodles, distributing half of the seafood evenly. Layer 4 more noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and remaining seafood. Cover with the last 4 noodles and the remaining sauce. (For the top layer, do not spoon any seafood on top of the noodles; just use the sauce.) Tuck in any edges of the noodles so they're all coated with sauce. Top with the Parmesan.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered, until bubbly. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.

I was watching Everyday Italian on the Food Network and was reminded of a pasta sauce I had as a child when we lived near Boston. It had beef, chicken and seafood in it...I got the ingredients tonight, hamburger, chicken and shrimp. I am going to use a jar of pre prepared marinara, one recipe of alfredo sauce mixed in and add some extra onions and mushrooms and of course top it off with some parmisane cheese...over fresh linguine. I also got some nice bread sticks to dip in the sauce...thats my favorite part of eating at The Olive Garden.

Lethalfind said:
I was watching Everyday Italian on the Food Network and was reminded of a pasta sauce I had as a child when we lived near Boston. It had beef, chicken and seafood in it...I got the ingredients tonight, hamburger, chicken and shrimp. I am going to use a jar of pre prepared marinara, one recipe of alfredo sauce mixed in and add some extra onions and mushrooms and of course top it off with some parmisane cheese...over fresh linguine. I also got some nice bread sticks to dip in the sauce...thats my favorite part of eating at The Olive Garden.

Oh God I only go to Olive Garden for the bread sticks and salad.

And Red Lobster's cheese bisquits. Those are an orgasm all on there own.

This one is so easy my echidna could do it.

Fine slice a pound each of golden squash and button mushrooms.

Melt a quarter pound of butter, one clove of crushed garlic, in a medium sauce pan, and toss in the sliced squash. Toss until half cooked, and add the mushrooms. Don't overcook the mushies. Make sure they are still firm when serving, or the butter makes them limp.

Serves 6 as a side.;)

manicmonday said:
Oh God I only go to Olive Garden for the bread sticks and salad.

And Red Lobster's cheese bisquits. Those are an orgasm all on there own.

Have you ordered their sides of alfredo sauce to enoy with their bread sticks...I love that.

angie said:
How'd it come out?

Oh so good, thanks. I had to omit the scallops because I'm terribly landlocked and there are no good ones here. :(

But other than that, goooooooooodddddddddddddddddddd.:D

manicmonday said:
Oh so good, thanks. I had to omit the scallops because I'm terribly landlocked and there are no good ones here. :(

But other than that, goooooooooodddddddddddddddddddd.:D
Ohh that sucks. Those are my favorite part.
You are quite welcome. I think the next time I make it I'm going to try lump crab meat and either lobster or the sea scallops again. I'm spoiled, I live on the East Coast. Never ending supply of seafood (Except Alaskan King Crab legs, but we get those on occasion as well).

angie said:
Ohh that sucks. Those are my favorite part.
You are quite welcome. I think the next time I make it I'm going to try lump crab meat and either lobster or the sea scallops again. I'm spoiled, I live on the East Coast. Never ending supply of seafood (Except Alaskan King Crab legs, but we get those on occasion as well).

Ohhhh, I hadn't thought about lobster in it. God I love sea food. I will try that as well. When I lived in Texas near the beach, sea food was aplenty and it was hard moving back to hell.

Did you try the sandwhich? I was going to say, if you try turkey bacon, sprinkle some black peppercorn on it just because it's part of the flavor enhancement. It mixes with the avacodo and yumm

And we haven't had updated pics of the baby.............................