Plaster!

im not trying to like go against you guys but you quote isnt even like a confirming quote David sounds unsure

doesnt sound extremely confident.

maybe im missing another quote or you cut off key parts of it, but like i dont see anything say yes this is an official demo.

Just to clarify a couple of things - David Kahne's name appears no where on the credits for the finalized track for Hybrid Theory. He simply told us that he knew the band's manager and might have done him a favor by working on it. Do you remember specific things you may have done 8 years ago? Me neither.

Just to confirm, here's a scan of the insert of the 9 track Demos CD:

And here's the insert from the Plaster CD:

So can we put to rest the questions of it being official?

**EDIT**

Removed pics for 'security' purposes. No one wants to see any fakes on eBay...

lol hey photoshop could be your second language. i mean, im not saying you would be fooling us, but the guy you bought it from would be who i think would have tricked everyone.

That's where being a collector comes in handy. As soon as he posted the pic in his auction, I was able to compare it to other internal CDs. A quick google search yielded the info about David Kahne having worked at WB as a producer and in A&R. Finally, the seller himself provided a reasonable story as to how he obtained it and why he was listing/selling it.

Yeah, it's still a crap shoot, but the odds of it being real were much better than they were of it being a fake.

Thanks for this everyone who was involved! Sounds good, like the differences, you can tell they were still a little rough round the edges at this point.

It's ok

but not really living up to the hype that was created...next time someone should just post it without telling anyone beforehand.

It's ok

but not really living up to the hype that was created...next time someone should just post it without telling anyone beforehand.

k.

Let me know when someone finds a track that's not been heard for almost 8 years and we'll keep it under wraps next time. :)

sounds like 90% the same to me? just some differences at the inrto or am i wrong?

Taken from my post on LPU/LPA:

-The bass track is MUCH more well-defined than it is on the final mix.
-The guitar in the 2 pre-choruses is much louder and isn't as effected as it is on the final mix.
-The drum beat in the bridge is different (the final version has an extra snare hit in each bar).
-At the very end, the cymbal Rob hits is a much trashier-sounding china cymbal than the one he uses on the final version.
-Various samples are louder/softer than they are in the final mix (check out the part where the intro riff comes back in before the bridge).
-The overall drum sound has a lot more presence, particularly on the kick and snare.

(holy crap I hardly ever post at LPF)

I understand what you´re saying
And I´m glad there is something new of lp
But there´s just really little difference..

I fully understand that. Everyone would be going absolutely apeshit if this thing sounded like the other demos but it doesn't and we had no control over what it sounds like.

I would not change a single thing as to how myself and the 4 sites handled all of this. LPA alone has had 73GB of data downloaded from their server in the last 12.25 hours, so I think we did something right.

i can hear many differences out...like those that astat mentioned...

i mean its a demo..what u guys expected?..its cool though..and a rumor has his end...

im glad having it in my collection

i can hear many differences out...like those that astat mentioned...

i mean its a demo..what u guys expected?..its cool though..and a rumor has his end...

im glad having it in my collection

agreed. i'm relieved the real one finally showed up.
and thanks nkramar for spending so much money on the cd and then just giving it to us :D
:clap:

Dear God, can't believe you guys. Plaster is released finally after like 8 years of rumour and fakes, and all you guys can say about it is "oh but it just sounds like the same". My god... have some reality of quite how important this release is to you all, you all would have loved to have this if YOU found it. So what if it sounds similar? It's a bleeding demo lol. *rant over*

Back