Quirks?

I don't think I cough as much as maybe other people do. It's never been a problem. I held my bladder on a 24 hour bus ride, I can go 8-10 hours no problem. Even when I worked out of the home, I never used it unless I cleaned it myself first. I'm strange I already know that.

ToriAllen said:
Nasty sick people who cough in their hand and then try to shake my hand. Yuck. When I am sick I always cough into my left hand, because it is customary to shake hands using the right hand. Doesn't anyone else think to do this?

No and not everybody dose this. I don't shake hands with people that often to think about it. When I am sick I refrain from any contact if possible. I like to have the hand sanitizer stuff around. Especially if I'm sick or a co-worker is.

snafu said:
No and not everybody dose this. I don't shake hands with people that often to think about it. When I am sick I refrain from any contact if possible. I like to have the hand sanitizer stuff around. Especially if I'm sick or a co-worker is.
Bath and Body Works makes scented anti-bacterial hand wipes. I keep them in my daughter's diaper bag to use after I change her if there is no sink around. I like the Country Apple scent. Yum.

snafu said:
It is customary in Tae Kwon Do to shake hands after sparring. The other night about half of the class was suffering from the cold/sinus crap that occurs this time of year. It really grossed me out.

My Mother was really appalling when it came to throwing things out before they went bad OR securing them in sealed containers.
Therefore when you pulled out the flour or the cereal and thought you saw a black something or other in it...you probably did. I got to the place where I was hyper sensitive to even just color variations in things because all too often I had found some kind of bug in my cereal.
I make sure things like this are sealed in zip lock bags and I throw things out rather then keep them to see what kind of experiement they might become.
The other day I was eating cereal and found one of the rice krispy thingys was a little darker brown, even though I could see what it was, I couldn't eat it.

My Dad used to put things back in the fridge like cheese without making sure they were wrapped, so when you took it out it was dryed and cracked, I am complusive about putting things in zip lock bags or covering them with foil, or Saran wrap.

That just annoys the **** out of me when their left uncovered.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

And those extra bits you turn your nose up at are extra protein sources, Lethal.

Protecting your kids from this sort of thing actually weakens their immune systems and exposes them to attack from outside pathogens.

Why do you think babies eat dirt? Why do they put everything they come across in their mouths?

It's called self-innoculation.

Wrap your kids in saren wrap, if you will, and then watch them catch every airborne bug going around.

Oh, and saren wrap actually transfers carcinogens to protein foods like cheese and meat products.

Did your parents' supposedly try and kill you with their lack of hygiene?

Apparently not. ;)

An old mate of mine has a habbit of rubbing his hands together when ever he sees an attractive woman.
Oh yeah my dad walks around his home making a kind of squeeking, whistling noise, its not a tune, bust a kind of squeeking whistle, it drive me up the walls!

scout said:
What I can't figure out is how do you all find any time to do anything?

I am an incurable insomniac who has about 21 hours of the day to do my normal stuff and my nerotic stuff. And this is after I've gotten better.

snafu said:
In my case I have a slack job. It comes with being around a long time.

Laughing @ snafu. You ever notice the longer we work a job ,the more ways we find to slack off on them? haha

I won't go anywhere without a weapon.

I hate dirty houses, I avoid anyone who is dirty.

I have to have everything organized.

I am always early, have never been late for anything.

I like Prime numbers also.

My daughter and I went out too eat the other night. It was a restaurant that hosts kids from her school and donates part of the proceeds back to the school...

I had to ask someone to come and bus the table so we could sit down. I saw the rag he wiped the table off with and it was all I could do to NOT heave on the spot.

I think I might have to come up with a new quirk for this one, I might have to start carrying my own bleach wipes everywhere we go.

Body Hair. Hate it. About a year ago I had my legs, under arms, eyebrows, and bikini area lasered. I'm Swedish so it was never bad to begin with but I hate "*****les."

Driving. Most of the time I carpool with friends and family or have Hubby chauffeur me around. I was in a hit and run accident in October 2002 when a semi almost killed me. Now I have a panic attack anytime I cannot get out of driving.

Make-up. Can't stand it. Have to wash it off the moment I get in the door.

Public Places. My back must be to the wall so no one can be behind me and all exits must be visible.

Home. Germs fear me. Home must be impeccably clean and decorated. Since I spend most of my time here, it's only normal.

Breath. Must be in check every 5 minutes.

The others are way too personal and disgusting. Mostly involve personal hygiene or sexual neuroses.

Lethalfind said:
My daughter and I went out too eat the other night.

Would you please learn the difference between "too" and "to", Leth. Your posts are usually hard to read because there is too many grammatical errors.

RoyalOrleans said:
Would you please learn the difference between "too" and "to", Leth. Your posts are usually hard to read because there is too many grammatical errors.

How about you get the stick out of your ass because your still mooning over your wounded bird...and looking for an excuse to **** on someone...

If its that big of a problem...don't bother too read them...

Honestly, I find the shift in your behavior amazing...you evidently are the ass hole people said you were...

RoyalOrleans said:

Since we are getting technical, then your verb-subject agreement is also wrong. It should read, "...because there are too many grammatical errors." :p

Hey, I'm not having fun if I'm not causing trouble!

Back