Creation/Evolution

Ali said:
Ut oh. RO used the dreaded "Wikipedia" as a debate source!

Now you're in for it, RO! Better make sure your new sneakers are tied cuz you're going to be run in circles for this one. :D

Ok then... for TJ's benefit:

Biology4Kids.com Scientific Method - perhaps the easiest way to describe the process.

TJ can refute all he wants, but Evolution is a science albeit a theory still in testing or "beta" if you will. Scientific Laws take a lot more time. Creationism is a hypothesis, because most people and books and articles that I have read on the matter would rather debunk and cite flaws in evolution than provide tangible evidence of their claim. (I have read Michael Behe's book Darwin's Black Box and William Dembski's Intelliget Design: The Bridge Between Science and Theology.)

eddo said:
If you are the example of how someone with faith interacts with someone who disagrees with them, then we (those with faith) are seriously screwed...

Please eddo, your an azz licker and a sniper looking for any chance to chase your hate, that is hardly a Christian attitude your expressing my friend, I am willing to be judged by my own standards, but it seems your ignoring the plank in your own eye.

RO.

I never said the existence of God can be proven, in fact if you take the time to go back and actually read what I did say I clearly admit that God cannot be proven to exist based on science, just like evolution.

Using the kids link you provided it shows us an important aspect of the scientific process:

"EXPERIMENTAL EVIDENCE"

There is no experimental evidence, evolution cannot be shown to happen with experimentation, so all you have is maybe a 5% picture of the past with fossil records and a lot of assumptions, period.

The most important aspect of scientific proof is the ability ro recreate or otherwise show the actual event or process happening in a way that can be documented and reviewed by other people. Evolution is exactly the same as man made global warming where it is based completely on Interpretation of data for a specific political agenda.

I gave you some real science, some proven hard science that shows evolution is impossible, but you don;t want to see that because it does not match up to what you want to believe is true.

Even TJ Ali? Be nice, lol ;)

I didn't see anything worth debunking.

Do you have links for your little notions? I mean, if you wholeheartedly believe what you typed up on your computer is true, you have to have a link, a book, an article that helped you formulate the opinion.

Show me a link. Something!

RoyalOrleans said:
A theory, in which, is still being tested.

Evolution didn't happen overnight and billions of dollars can not hasten the process.

Exactly!
---------------------------------------------------

My beliefs are an accumulation of millions of things I have been exposed to, let's take the DNA science for example, do you refute the fact that all of your traits come from our parents, half from each?

I agree adaptation is possible, our skin getting darker from sun exposure is a great example and an even better example is how some fish can change their sex in a single sex environment. That does not take generations but instead is built into their existing traits to adapt for need.

DNA science is so exact, they can tell who the father and mother is of another person as long as they have samples from each. Why? Because a child must have the combination of genetics that are provided from their parents, they cannot change their genetics.

Developmental deformities do not change your genetics, to even someone born with a deformed hand will be able to have a normal child.

Even with deformities, the same basic structure of the life is the same, we don't suddenly sprout wings and feathers because the traits that provide wings and feathers do not appear in our DNA. It is impossible for wings and feathers to appear in a lifeform that does not have these traits somewhere in their past.

timesjoke said:
Please eddo, your an azz licker and a sniper looking for any chance to chase your hate, that is hardly a Christian attitude your expressing my friend, I am willing to be judged by my own standards, but it seems your ignoring the plank in your own eye.

So chasing wez around from site to site calling him a "murderer" was done in Christian love?

calling me an "azz licker" is a good "Christian attitude"?

comparing atheists, or just those that don't share the same religious views as you, to the likes of Adolph Hitler and Pol Pot is a shining example of this "Christian Attitude" of which you speak?

yeah, I don't think so.

that's a pretty good log you got there in your own eye, TJ.

Here's the way I see it.. The world has many different religions.. only one has any chance of being the absolute truth.. all could very well be wrong..

so.. what can be known as far as it can be known that is 100% unarguable truth? I find it's this..

Whatever is the cause for human existence.. is the same cause for every human that has ever, or will ever exist.. period.

Don't need to know or define it any further than that.. tis what it is.. I exist.. yay me.

btw TJ.. Jesus doesn't want you advocating for him anymore.. gives him a bad name..

Jesus doesn't want you advocating for him anymore.. gives him a bad name..

Jesus called. He said you should shut up! :p

LMAO!

When Chris calls home, it comes through as "Christ (last name)". We also get an occasional piece of mail addressed to Christ.

The first call saved on my caller ID is "Higher Power" something or another, the last one is from Christ. Both of those things have the ability to crack me up every time.

mercury said:
The first call saved on my caller ID is "Higher Power" something or another, the last one is from Christ. Both of those things have the ability to crack me up every time.

LOL! Let me guess who "Higher Power" was. :p

lol... nope, not him. I actually have no idea. I missed the call and they didn't leave a message, which is kind of the story of my life.

Christianity will learn to coexist with evolution just like it learned to coexist with the theories of Copernicus.

timesjoke said:
Even with deformities, the same basic structure of the life is the same, we don't suddenly sprout wings and feathers because the traits that provide wings and feathers do not appear in our DNA.
]

Well if God had meant us to have wings, we'd be angels. (sarcasm)

timesjoke said:
It is impossible for wings and feathers to appear in a lifeform that does not have these traits somewhere in their past.

There are legless lizards. Is it at all possible that a snake mated successfully with a lizard?

eddo said:
that's a pretty good log you got there in your own eye, TJ.

Not really, but I love the way you rewrite history such as you writing me in pm's to goad me on to attack Wez, it is you who has been chasing Wez, pretty much everything I have said to Wez was to show him he is exactly what he claims other people to be, he called me a murderer for defending myself from being killed by several attackers and yet he hilled his own child out of selfishness, if anyone is a murderer in fact it is him but none of what I said was driven by hate in my heart, pretty much all of your actions are driven by hate.

Point that finger at yourself until you can get past your hate.

snafu said:
God created evolution.

To a certain degree I believe this is the real truth, God gave life the ability to adapt so there could be tiny adjustments made (like the fish who can change sex) to fit their environment but changing into new species? No.

Consider this, if man was created naked, as we are now, could we have survived in the wild and the changing seasons like this? Even primitive african communities have shelters built to protect them from the elements. Something tells me that maybe we were a tad different then too, but again, I am not the average blind Christian follower either, I can think for myself and know my own heart and faith without a crutch.

timesjoke said:
Not really, but I love the way you rewrite history such as you writing me in pm's to goad me on to attack Wez, it is you who has been chasing Wez, pretty much everything I have said to Wez was to show him he is exactly what he claims other people to be, he called me a murderer for defending myself from being killed by several attackers and yet he hilled his own child out of selfishness, if anyone is a murderer in fact it is him but none of what I said was driven by hate in my heart, pretty much all of your actions are driven by hate.

Point that finger at yourself until you can get past your hate.

If you compare eddo's and wez' join dates, you will see that eddo joined before wez. The last time I checked August comes before September, but you're the expert on the matter. I'll let you decide.

Holes, man. Holes. A comely thoroughfare to be sure, I mean, while driving the Mack truck I might stop and smell the roses and get a sausage biscuit.

TOOT! TOOT! CHUGGA! CHUGGA! BIG MACK TRUCK!

timesjoke said:
Consider this, if man was created naked, as we are now, could we have survived in the wild and the changing seasons like this? Even primitive african communities have shelters built to protect them from the elements. Something tells me that maybe we were a tad different then too, but again, I am not the average blind Christian follower either, I can think for myself and know my own heart and faith without a crutch.

What does that prove?

What it says to me is that humans, across the globe, build shelter to protect themselves from the elements.

Why?

They saw Bob get eat up by a sandstorm, they saw Phil get struck by lightning, they saw Dwayne freeze to death, etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
RoyalOrleans said:
If you compare eddo's and wez' join dates, you will see that eddo joined before wez. The last time I checked August comes before September, but you're the expert on the matter. I'll let you decide.

I never claimed to know the entire story, just what happened here and how eddo was being the instigator to get people to go after Wez. I had pm after pm from eddo egging me on.

Don't get me wrong, I would have had issue with Wez no matter what, but eddo obviously had anger inside him for Wez that came from other places long before they both ended up here. I looked up some of the old stuff they had at the jungle and it always seemed to me that eddo was the instigator, not Wez.

In fact, I believe to a certain extent Wez's excessive behaviors were partly created by the gangbang mentality of eddo to rally other people to all team up on one person, Wez just didn't know how to deal with it without going wacko.

In fact, I was invited to the Jungle by eddo because the jungle was a "Wez Free Zone" (his exact words).

RoyalOrleans said:
What does that prove?

What it says to me is that humans, across the globe, build shelter to protect themselves from the elements.

Why?

They saw Bob get eat up by a sandstorm, they saw Phil get struck by lightning, they saw Dwayne freeze to death, etc. etc.

Again, your trapped in the mode of looking backwards, not fowards in how it would have had to be.

You can't progress until you get past the now. If God created man as we are today and was thrust into the world alone, then how could he survive? Maybe he was created a little mnore animal like? Thicker hair? Thicker skin? A deer does not need a house to survive the seasons, but today's man does.

While we are at it let me give you an alternative view on the "apple" in the garden of eden:

What is the fruit of knowledge?

If your exposed to a lot of knowledge what will grow inside you?

Intelligence?
Awareness?
Worldly understanding?
Just a thought..........I like to consider all sorts of possibilities.

timesjoke said:
I had pm after pm from eddo egging me on.

from my PM outbox to Timesjoke on 09-08-2008:
eddo said:
Don't get sucked into wez's games, ok?

In case you didn't see it:
He was just told in the shoutbox to put you on ignore, and if he doesn't, and keeps trying to bait you- he will be banned.

take the high ground my friend. :)

I'm sucha freaking instigator... .... ...

timesjoke said:
In fact, I was invited to the Jungle by eddo because the jungle was a "Wez Free Zone" (his exact words).

That part is true. We were both having issues with wez here, and I told you about a place where he wasn't. but I guess it's my fault you got banned from there, huh?

all I am saying here is that you most certainly do not speak for those of faith. Have your own opinion and go with it all you want (in fact, I welcome it- you have some interesting ideas here,) but please do not claim to speak for me- or for anyone else.

Thanks.

edit: Stupid word filter not letting my pic show up....
edit#2: I made it work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back